cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 35

Re: BB speed reduced. Cant work from home, again.

Go to solution

when your hub reset 1+ days ago it, according to logs , had been connected for a previous 18hr suggesting line not as stable as you think unless manual resets.  you would need to check logs for resets prior to 2/12

if you have line noise then any  reset done by mods will not last and speed will drop again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 35

Go to solution

Have checked line for noise & there is none

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 35

Go to solution

Then you are going to need engineer visit to fix whatever is causing internet to drop resulting in speed reducing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 35

Go to solution

OK. How do I get an engineer visit organised pls?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 35

Go to solution

Ring 150 from a BT landline or 0800 800 150, when asked why calling state broadband fault, last few times I've used the automated system, it's really decent and never had to speak with anyone.

The system runs a test, test determind I needed an engineer and was all booked via sms

Message 26 of 35

Go to solution

Hi @mrunhappy1 ,

Thanks for posting. I've just been talking with @JohnC2 and he's replied to your message. Hopefully the engineer will get to the bottom of this for you. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 35

Go to solution

Reported.

Told BT exactly what had been happening and the results of tests. That it was a BB issue. They said it was a line issue and would send an engineer.

Engineer came this morning & told me that because I'd been talked into it being a landline problem he was limited in the time he could spend. BT do this because its quicker & cheaper than it being a BB problem. Also there is an issue on the line and has been for some time (years)

To say I'm LIVID is an understatement. 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 35

Go to solution

To rub salt in the wound Emma from BT in Newcastle sent a text at 13.28 to tell me she would phone in next 5 minutes.

Its 14.11.  Has she phoned?  NO!

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 35

Go to solution

Hi @mrunhappy1 

Thank you for posting back.  I am sorry that the engineer wasn't able to fix the broadband fault.  I know this has been going on quite some time so the anger you're feeling is perfectly understandable.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll help fix this. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 35

Go to solution

Have reported the problem as a BB issue again & raised an official complaint. We have another engineer visit booked next Monday.

Today's engineer tells me theres been an ongoing problem with the line into our village for YEARS. BT have failed to grasp the nettle & do a proper fix. Meantime we've still paid the full amount!

To put it politely its pathetic!

0 Ratings