cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garyy
Message 1 of 4

BT Broadband Slowed Down Recently - Not Useable

BT broadband was working fine until recently. Last couple of months. Nothing at home changed. Was able to use and stream/game on multiple devices without issues. Tests showed about 16mbps, bit now barely get 1/10th of that at best. Lowest test was showing 0.020mbps. NOT ACCEPTABLE

I see that there are lots of reports inclunding at ispreview loads of customers complaining about drop in speed. So i very much doubt a local problem. I suspect some throttling by BT as was working ok before.

I only renewed my contract recently to get a better deal, then things start slowing down. Bit of a coincedence!!

I will be cancelling if this is not resolved asap. Its not providing any speed worth using and even simple web pages are slow to load. 

I expect to hear from mods to help fix this

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Broadband Slowed Down Recently - Not Useable

@Garyy 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

post the stats from your hub  if hh6 the advanced settings then technical log information  if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

enter phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

have you tried using test socket with filter to see if that improves speed?

what have you tried to improve connection

mods may help but you need to post information about your connection first

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Garyy,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your connection.

Have you had a chance to do the quiet line test as suggested by @Keith_Beddoe?

Can you also post the information that @imjolly has asked for so that we can take a look into this for you?

Matt

0 Ratings