cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GloryHornet1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Broadband So Slow Its Unuseable - PLEASE HELP!

Hi

Over the last 4-8 weeks my broadband connection is so slow its almost unuseable.

It seems drop at points during the day and evening but there is no pattern to when this can happen.

I have the BT home hub 4, I have also performed the quiet line test which seemed fine.

i have changed the filters to the relevant sockets but it still keeps happening.

We usually get around 7.6MB coming in from the exchange and then around 6.5MB within the house but this has been dropping to 0.2 - 0.3MB! We have over the years had a good steady connection speed enabling online gaming, video streaming etc but now we struggle trying to do the most basic of tasks.....why has this changed recently??

These are my latest stats from my hub if anyone can pick up anything that looks unusual it will be much appreciated as its unuseable at points throughout the day.

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068340+NQ33322466
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.17 (Type A) Last updated 06/05/14
4. Board version:BT Hub 4A
5. ADSL uptime:4 days, 08:35:20
6. Bandwidth:448 / 7616
7. Data sent/received:2.1 GB / 88.9 MB
8. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
9. BT FON:Yes
10. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub4-H5TX
11. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (Recommended)) 20 MHz, WPS enabled
12. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA and WPA2
13. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic / 6
14. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub4-H5TX
15. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 n 40 MHz (Recommended)) 20/40 MHz, WPS enabled
16. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic / 40
18. Firewall:Default
19. MAC Address:cc:33:bb:d4:f2:a8
20. VPI/VCI:0 / 38
21. Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
22. Latency type:Interleaved
23. Software variant:-
24. Boot loader:-
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Broadband So Slow Its Unuseable - PLEASE HELP!

Can you run btspeedtesterand when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results. 

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
GloryHornet1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Will do just sorting it now....

0 Ratings
GloryHornet1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

This is the result at this moment in time....but other times I can guarantee it wont be anything like this.

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: 

Download Speed : 6.31 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

That is the first test result it was the diagnostic test that is available after first test completes that is better. However as you say that speed is what you would expect from your connection. Just try again later and if speed low then post. You are using a wired connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
GloryHornet1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Yes im using a wired connection. I will try it again later and post those results. Thanks.

0 Ratings