cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albyskoons
Message 1 of 7

BT Broadband Support UK - Please Help me!

I've just moved into a rented house, which benefitted from a BT line and broadband.

My service was supposed to go live on Friday last (23 Aug), but sadly no broadband. Phone is fine, and the home hub 3 router started trying to connect, but all it manages is the orange/purple flashing then off again.

Similar connection failure on a third party router.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this before when the provisioning process hasn't been completed properly. I was told by a BT engineer that one of the tasks in the workflow hadn't been completed - he tapped away for a few seconds and the router came to life.

Sadly - that was after 4 hours on the phone to a call centre last time I moved house. I've already spent two hours on the phone to two people who haven't been able to help.

Does anyone have a contact number for a centre in the UK that has the access to check the provisioning process? I'm sure this is such a simple fix - but right now I'm being told I have to take a day off work so an engineer can come out and I may be charged.

HELP!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Broadband Support UK - Please Help me!

there is no UK number you need to go back to the broadband help line on 08001114567 and get them to carry out a check to see if broadband has been enabled on the line
0 Ratings
albyskoons
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the response John

Sadly,.. I've already done this. The first person said they couldn't see that information and wouldn't speak to me further until I was physically in front of the router.

The second had me do all the standard disconnecting extensions and plugging directly through the field socket etc....

Unless I can get through to someone that can help, I have to take a day off work to waste the time of a BT engineer .

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

an engineer visit is unlikely to find a problem with your line as it is more likely an exchange issue just persist at the help line
0 Ratings
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Whilst there is every possibility that it is a commissioning issue, you have jumped to that conclusion without exploring other possibilities.  You are in a new house, you need to try the test socket and check for audible noise on the line in just the same way we ask anyone else with broadband problems to do.  Surely it has to be worth trying this before you commit to a day off work?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

if you have conencted to test socket and still nothing then sounds like yoi do need an engineer whether to your home or the exchange.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Also if you do the preparatory work by trying the test Socket then you can be sure that you will not be charged and if BT Broadband Tech. Support say an engineer has to visit then the engineer will most likely go away again muttering excuses and get the necessary switch flicked to give you the service you want.

0 Ratings