cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJBesty
Message 1 of 6

BT Broadband reduction from 8mbs to below 2mbs!

My internet speeds massively reduced in recent weeks. When conducting a speed test I am now only receiving around 1.5-2mbs. It is now too slow to stream certain websites like Sky Go and HD Youtube videos, on WiFi and with an ethernet cable!

I have resent my router and left if for a few days but found no improvement.

Can anyone help out to improve my broadband speed?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Broadband reduction from 8mbs to below 2mbs!

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
Highlighted
AJBesty
Message 3 of 6

BT HH4.png

Untitled.png

Speedtest.png

I have uploaded the above images, not sure if this is correct or if anything further is required?

@john46 wrote:
Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Can you enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Based on the SNR Noise margin for downstream, there probably isn't any possible speed increase as it's at 3db, which is norm for ADSL2+. Can you post lines 1-12 from Troubleshooting -> Helpdesk as well as DSL Checker as requested by @imjolly?

You need to post the further diagnostic results from btspeedtester, the first test says nothing about whether your connection can be improved.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

are you connected to the test socket
0 Ratings