Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nobby70
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Complaints

After over 13 weeks of frequent disconnections, virtually constant dial up modem adsl speeds and nine engineer visits I submitted a complaint to BT over the length of time it was taking to repair my fault. That was the 24th January.

In the following days I took two calls shown as 'Private Number' on my caller display. All the others were normal numbers or nuisance calls (which usually show as 'Withheld'). As soon as I picked these calls up the phone was put down again with no messages left. I received an email on the 27th Janunary telling me they would call me between 2pm and 4pm the next day. I waited in with my mobile on a windowsill to guarantee a signal and there was no call from anyone. A few days later I received a letter on BT headed paper from BT Customer Services saying they had tried calling me on the phone but couldn't reach me. I should explain I'm a househusband and I'm at home all day usually. They said that I needed to get in touch by the 25th of February or they'd cancel my complaint as they would assume it had been sorted out. The letter showed no address, other than BT's registered office in London, and no phone number or email address.

So, to summarise, I complained to BT. They made two calls designed not to be answered, sent me an email that even they ignored and then wrote me a letter asking me to try again. I wrote back to BT on the 8th February asking them to contact me again. Of course I have not received any further communication from them, I assume this approach severly limits the number of complaints that customers can be bothered to persue.

A small section of line was replaced 150m from my house and the service improved a lot a week later. Now it still connects at 32kbps occasionally but is often at just below my usual speeds and sometimes a little better. The line disconnects 10+ times a day and sometimes won't connect for several hours. I called BT again to report the change to the fault on 25th February and was passed on to the Level 2 support staff. I was then told that the complaints department were handling my call and were due to call me the next day between 3 and 5pm. As this could result in the fault being double handled I had to wait until then. I thought that sounded reasonable though it was the first time I'd heard of any call being planned to be made to me from them and waited in on the 26th February. Yet again I received no call from them and I have received no communication at all from BT since then.

I can only assume that, as I have made a complaint about how long it is taking to fix my fault, this has resulted in me being blocked from using BT Customer Services to get any further faults fixed.

My fault, allbeit of an intermittent nature, has been on my line since the 22nd October 2015 and is still not fixed. My complaints have gone ignored and, it seems, now prevent me from getting further support. I am now waiting for 2 months to elapse since I complained so that I can procede to an ombudsman.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Complaints

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Nobby70

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forum.

I'm sorry for all the problems you're having with your services and that this has been going on for so long.  We'll be happy to pick this up however we are very busy at the moment and it will take us a few days to get to you from whenever you send us over your details.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Nobby70
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Thanks to you all for replying, it really is good to talk (!!) to someone about this stuff, it drives you nuts!

11:23DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 5.70 dB downstream
 DSL line rate: 64 Kbps upstream, 1856 Kbps downstream

11:21DSL noise margin: 6.30 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
 DSL line rate: 248 Kbps upstream, 1911 Kbps downstream

11:16DSL noise margin: 6.00 dB upstream, 7.30 dB downstream
 DSL line rate: 64 Kbps upstream, 1824 Kbps downstream

11:08DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.90 dB downstream
 DSL line rate: 32 Kbps upstream, 1856 Kbps downstream

10:34DSL noise margin: 6.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
 DSL line rate: 334 Kbps upstream, 1847 Kbps downstream

06:58DSL noise margin: 6.10 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
 DSL line rate: 352 Kbps upstream, 1879 Kbps downstream

02:49DSL noise margin: 6.70 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream
 DSL line rate: 440 Kbps upstream, 1687 Kbps downstream

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

The IP profile is irrelevant really, it's clear the router is losing sync. An engineer visit is 100% the only way to resolve this.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Nobby70
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

0 Ratings