cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave635
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT HH3 problem, upgrade fail & reboot

Hi, I keep a regular watch on my BB connection to ensure i don't go over my 12gb limit after getting close a few times. On 18/11 i noticed that my connection time had gone from over 60 days (since last power cut, live in remote area) to under 12 hours. No power cut had occurred.

Over the following few days it became apparent that the connection was resetting during the night, when no-one is using the equipment & the pc is off (HH3 left on).

Looking in the event log (system) i can see normal operation for October & the first few days of November, then on 05/11 @ 0329 a new message - upgrading beginning....- appears followed by -upgrading fail: download failure-.

This pattern then repeats every night (without service interruption) from 06/11 to 18/11 where a new message appears - reboot from the WAN side.- just before the upgrading attempt messages, which still fail.

So, every night since 18/11 my HH3 is rebooting before trying to upgrade & failing. I'm concerned this will trick the exchange into thinking there is a problem & my speed (which is only 5mb) will be reduced, although this hasn't happened yet.

Can anyone assist with this issue ? Note the HH3 has been in place & working fine with the same equipment for years, nothing of my installation has changed.

Thanks,

Dave.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT HH3 problem, upgrade fail & reboot

one restart per day for an upgrade attempt should not cause you any problem
0 Ratings
dave635
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

thanks John, if my speed stays the same thats a good thing. However is there something i can do to stop this happening ?

It can only be BT initiating the reboot, why have they done this & why does the upgrade always fail ?

I can't find anywhere to manually initiate a software upgrade.

thanks,

Dave.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

the upgrade is automatic there is nothing you can do other than wait for the upgrade to complete the reboot is part of the install procedure
0 Ratings
dave635
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

thanks again John,

the upgrade still fails every night, would this indicate a fault with the hub ? Thats about 3 weeks it been trying to update.

cheers

0 Ratings
Boudges
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Is the update affecting you when you use the Internet? E.g. Using the Internet then it restarts and stops you from surfing etc? If not and the connection is fine then I wouldn't worry about it 🙂
If you liked a post, please click on the 'Ratings star' on the left hand side of the post.
0 Ratings
Boudges
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Oh and the manual firmware upgrade can be located at 192.168.1.254/firmware_upgrade though you need the nessercary file(s) to upgrade the firmware!
If you liked a post, please click on the 'Ratings star' on the left hand side of the post.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

the files are not made public