Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

BT Home Hub 4 keeps dropping out.

Hello there,

Recently we were having a fine stable connnection spped with our Home Hub until recently, now every day at random intervals (could be completly fine one day and then do this) it starts disconnecting to a flashing orange light, orange light, flashing light, blue. Rinse and repeat every 5 minutes. Very infurating and would be grateful if this could be fixed.

As a sidenote, did BT's online troubleshooter/help thing, it reconises there is a issue with our connection, then when it is diagnosing the problem, internet cuts out and I lose the troubleshooter and have to start over.

Hope there is a solution. 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Home Hub 4 keeps dropping out.

Hi @Flareon93 and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection dropping. Is there any noise on the line? You can check that by connecting the phone to the test socket behind the master faceplate an dialling 17070 option 2. Can you try that and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Hi @DavidM 

We have attempted your reccomdation, and plugged the phone in. Got the options but when option 2 was pressed, we heard a silent response.

Looking forward to your reply,

Liam 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 13

Thanks for checking that @Flareon93.

I'll need to run a few diagnostics on this so can you drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Sent over. 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Continuation of BT Home Hub 4 keeps dropping out.

Hello there,

I am writing today for unfortnatuley what seems to be a recurring problem with our BT Home Hub 4.

For context, I refer to a fourm post I made on the 01-06-2017, which can be seen in my member history and is archived in this link: https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/BT-Home-Hub-4-keeps-dropping-out/m-p/1751498...

Now for contuniation of our issue: I was in regular contact with on the phone a gentleman called Neil - a credit to his department, he was very informative and made sure to keep a eye out on the issue for several days before and after the issue.

A technician from Openreach came out, and did some tests, saw our speed was much lower than it should be and made some changes to it, to give us a stable connection. It was detirmined various factors could be contributed to our slow speed: our street as the technician put it had had previous issues, our wiring to our home hub, and the possibility of the Home Hub 4 being possibly less credible than any future versions.

It was advised by the technician that the speed should remain without any drops for at least 10 days, after which such time hopefully a stable connection would remain. 

Unfortnaultey now that the 10 days has elasped, we are now slowly going back to speeds dropping and connections dropping out again. This is once again very unfortnaute and we would like some more help hopefully to resolve to a permant way to get at least a stable connection (as long as their is a connection there, we understand that perhaps we cannot get fast speeds)

Thank you for your time. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Re: Continuation of BT Home Hub 4 keeps dropping out.

Boost so this topic does not get lost.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 13

Hi @Flareon93 and thanks for posting.

I've moved your latest post so we have all the details in one place.

I'm sorry the connection has slowed again. Can you please run a speed test including the further diagnostics and post the results and we'll take another look at this for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test

Broadband Speed Test Results

Download Speed (Mbps): 0.68
Upload Speed (Mbps): 0.08
Ping Latency (ms): 0.00
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 13

Thanks for posting the results @Flareon93.

Your previous case was closed so can you send over your details using the link in my profile and we'll get this checked again for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings