cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Duke3376
Message 1 of 8

BT Home Hub wireless connection and BT Vision

I have a BT Home Hub 2.0 and despite it being only 8 yards from my PC with virtual line of sight the wireless signal is very weak and keeps dropping out especially when using VOIP facilities such as Skype and Softphone.

After looking for help from this Forum I noted that the Hub is situtated on a window ledge above our family TV set. I have now moved it and the signal is much improved however the Hub is now so far from the TV that I cannot connect the Ethernet cable that runs from the Hub to the BT Vision box underneath the TV.

Is there a way of connecting the TV to the Hub by wireless?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Home Hub wireless connection and BT Vision

can you just not buy a longer ethernet cable?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mcath
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I have BT Home Hub 2.00 and BT Vision. Good service so far BUT.

My problem is I can get a good picture on my digital and High Definition 27 inch TV from Tesco,  but not on my new Panasonic 32 inch TV. The picture pixials round the edge of the screen break up for about an couple of inches all around the edges. How can I boost the signal or should I get an update hub and get a version 3 home hub?

I'm also not able to get my tablet to connect to my wireless modeam but my PC and Kindle have no problem connecting. I have asked about connecting my tablet in another PM.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

hi changing your hub will not do anything to boost your tv picture as the tv signal has noting to do with your hub only the vision on demand services come over the internet
Mcath
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Thankls for the info. Looks like I need to actually contact BT about my TV.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Bt cannot do anything about your TV you need to contact the suppliers of the tv for the problem of pixel break up on the edges you could move the hub and use a longer ethernet cable or the other alternative are to use the power line adaptors supplied by bt with the vision box
Mcath
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for the answer I'll talk to the TV maker after I tried the boosters that came with the Home Hub. Just got to find the box with them in!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

hi there are no boosters provided with the home hub they are broadband filters do you mean the vision powerline adaptors supplied with the vision box
0 Ratings