cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT Hub 4

@cityangel 

What does your master phone socket look like?

Keith_Beddoe_1-1642237915643.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

It looks more like 7 its says Openreach MK4 at top , right hand slot has a phone shape underneath it and left one some stars ?

Tried to attach picture but it says file too big? 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

The Mk4 just means the filter, which just unclips.

These do suffer from intermittent faults.

Can you try connecting things up as shown below, and leave it like that and see if you still get the disconnections. You will need  to unclip the front, and use a microfilter plugged into the test socket.

NTE 5C Test socket checkNTE 5C Test socket checkNTE 5C Test socket check

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Where do i get the microfilter bit from? 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

@cityangel wrote:

Where do i get the microfilter bit from? 

They would normally have been supplied with the home hub 4. BT used to send two microfilters, they may still be in the box that the home hub came in. Similar to this.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

I don't have the box the hub came in, got this bt hub about 7 years ago lol

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

as @Keith_Beddoe posted you would have used filters prior to getting the filtered master with 2 outlets  you may well have just put the filter in a drawer somewhere just in case needed in future

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

The bt man who fitted the last socket took all the bits away with him, I know I'm over 65 but I don't have one of them, trust me

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

unfortunately you need a filter before you can use the test socket so can't test to see if problem internal or external.  the type of master you have often can get dislodged very slightly if knocked so check that front is securely clipped in place

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

@cityangel 

What you can do, is to unclip the front, then clip it back on and see if its secure.

This post explains the issue.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M67755

If you would prefer to try it with a microfilter, they are readily available at minimal cost. I expect the Openreach person who visited has quite a stock now, I wonder what they do with them, I could guess.

0 Ratings