Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mike2046
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT Hub Keeps Resetting - A Possible Solution

Go to solution

Hi,

I've recently had problems with my BT Hub frequently resetting. As well as happening at random times, it also seemed ot happen consistently when either making a phone call or answering an incoming call. 

I'm posting the solution that worked for me, in case it is of help to others.

I found that this was due to a defective modem cable between the BT Hub and the ADSL filter socket. Replacing this with a new modem cable resolved the problem.

Further background on other things I had tried before this :

The Quiet Line test didn't show any particular problems with the line.

Replacing the ADSL filters didn't improve matters.

In response to another suggestion I tried moving the modem cable to ensure it was well away from power cables - and this was what alerted me to a problem with the modem cable itself. On moving this cable, I suddenly lost my broadband connection completely (the light went out on the hub) and wasn't able to get it back. This strongly suggested a problem with the cable. When I tried an alternative cable from an old modem  the connection was restored and has remained stable since then.

mike

1 REPLY 1
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Hub Keeps Resetting - A Possible Solution

Go to solution

Thanks for posting.  Hopefully this will hep somone out.  I'll mark as an accepted solution 🙂

Cheers

Craig
BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings