Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisdoobean
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Router

Hello
I have a strange problem with my router, for the past 2 weeks at around 6pm the broadband light on the router flashes Amber for maybe an hour or in some cases longer, during this time I have no internet. I have had an engineer out and he found no problems with the line or my connection, of course the Internet worked perfectly when he was at the house but sure enough after 6pm this evening it has gone off again. Can anybody please explain what this problem is?
Thanks
Paul
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Router

which router do you use?  there are posts about hh resetting every 14 days but from my own experience it reconnected to the internet immediately - no delay as you describe

have you tried a factory rseet using the recessed button on back and holding until lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lisdoobean
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hello
It's home hub 3.0....and yes I tried the reset method you said. I was told by the engineer to keep the router on and not reset it. It's working again now but it has been going off and on with the broadband light flashing the last few days....the engineer said it could be settings that were changed at the exchange?
It's frustrating because this only seems to happen in the evening.....during the day it's fine
Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Factory reset often solves problems but not something to keep doing all the time. There are known problems with the old hh3 so if it continues maybe phone customer services and see if you can get a replacement. It should be free provided you are still in a fixed term contract and not a rolling monthly contract 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings