cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Awilliams1
Message 1 of 6

BT Smart Hub light keep going solid orange

Hi,

Been having a few issues lately with my service.

The service drops out where the router goes solid orange and if streaming/connected to wifi on phone it will show as if it's buffering however nothing happens until it goes blue again then normal service is resumed.

I opened a complaint a few months back but as it was so infrequent and intermittent I didn't follow up as didn't want the hassle of taking a day off for an engineer to come out.

However over the weekend the problem has been happening at least once an hour and sometimes every 10 minutes meaning the service is pretty much unusable.

Same has happened this morning when I got up.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be or any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

***EDITED***

I should have also added I have tested with my old router from when I was a customer 2 years ago which is a smart hub and the same problem occurred also swapped all the cables/ filters.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Smart Hub light keep going solid orange

do you have a dial tone on your home phone?  if so try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

if above ok have you tried a factory reset of hub by pressing recessed button on back and holding until lights flash about 20/30 secs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Awilliams1
Message 3 of 6

Im trying to source a phone as currently dont have one as no need for it. I'll try the facory reset tonight but I may have edited the post just as you were replying where I tested the exact same model of router with the same results.

Thanks for your reply

0 Ratings
Awilliams1
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

I have tried to test the line with a landline however there is no tone whatsoever. The broadband is still working very intermittently and being slow

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@Awilliams1 wrote:

Hi,

I have tried to test the line with a landline however there is no tone whatsoever. The broadband is still working very intermittently and being slow

If you do not get dial tone, then you need to report it as no dial tone. Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Once the phone fault is fixed, then the broadband will get better.

You must check first at the test socket to see if you have dial tone there, to prove that the fault is external.

test socket.jpg

0 Ratings
Awilliams1
Message 6 of 6

Thanks Keith I'll report it. This was tested in the test socket already and was still no dial tone

0 Ratings