cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

BT USO - Lies, damn lies and no decent internet... Help?!

So we are lucky if we get 4Mbps, currently:

CharlyHamlyn_0-1598791809516.png

...as no-one else in the 4 adult household is using the internet right now, it's not too windy rainy and the internet gods are smiling - or is that smirking. Usually, it hovers around 1.5Mbps and the upload doesn't exist.

So reading about USO got my hopes up, I went on BT website and entered our postcode and property and got this:

Capture.PNG

So I thought oooh maybe BT will be better than our current ISP so went to the BT availability page and got this:

Capture1.PNG andCapture2.PNG

Using thinkbroadband we are 5.57km from the exchange so I'd expect poor speeds but I would also most definitely expect to be eligible for USO

Does anyone know what we do next?

Cheers

Charly

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT USO - Lies, damn lies and no decent internet... Help?!

Post the results for your phone number ( or address if not a BT customer ) from the wholesale checker
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
It’s not just OR fixed line but also mobile broadband that is taken into account to see if you qualify for USO so even if you cannot get 10Mb or more with fixed line broadband there may be other solutions available from other providers.

Message 3 of 15

@iniltous  For future reference the checker URL has moved and is now https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Message 4 of 15

Capture3.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

As you can see from the checker, FTTC is planned but unfortunately no projected date. Once it is available, you should get at least 40Mbps. Which exchange and cabinet did it say at the top of the screenshot?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Sorry connection has been so bad I haven't been online!

Exchange WATERBEACH is served by Cabinet 12

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

It was supposed to have been live in March, but I guess Covid has caused it to be put back.

waterbeach.jpg

Message 8 of 15

Well, that's nice in principle but gets us nowhere in fact. How do I find out what is happening?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

As it is a BDUK funded cabinet, you could try contacting Connecting Cambridgeshire, they might have some more information.

https://www.connectingcambridgeshire.co.uk/about/

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Cheers - I have now contacted them
0 Ratings