Message 1 of 6

BT hub flashing purple light

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
BenjaminD93
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT hub flashing purple light

Oops it didn’t post the text. So I got home yesterday to my bt hub flashing purple. No internet. And has been doing it for 12 hours now. I’ve reset it 100 times to no avail. Held down the button to reset to factory defaults. Still nothing.Bt’s website says no problems in my area and the diagnose tool seems to be under maintenance right now so can’t use that to help. My phone line seems to be working fine.
I had a problem with a broken line outside the property a year ago and when that happened the router went from green to flashing orange, to at least attempt to connect to the internet. But this time it just goes from solid green to flashing purple instantly. Not sure what might be the problem here.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Check your phone number is correct, just in case you have a crossed line.

0 Ratings
BenjaminD93
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Just called my home phone with my mobile and it rang so I assume that means my number is correct and phone is working?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@BenjaminD93 

have you tried the suggestions here

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10282/c/346

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
BenjaminD93
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Yep tried everything 😞 still to no avail. Also phone is working fine with no noise on the line. Reset the router several times. Reset it to factory defaults. Online diagnosis tool cannot find a fault anywhere. Said it had booked and engineer but I’ve received no confirmation email and nothing appears in my list of “reported faults”
Getting to my wits end now
0 Ratings