Re: BT limiting my ADSL Speed?

deleted

0 Ratings
Highlighted
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 31

@Derrymilk Apologies, I just checked the posts above and noticed that nobody had asked for the dslchecker/speedtester results, but you found the dslchecker link.

Run the following speed tester. When the first test completes, click the 'Further Diagnostics' button. In the ADSL/Fibre to the cabinet box, enter your phone number and run the second test. When second test completes, post the results (don't post results from the first test). Note that this test MUST be done with a wired connection: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

From your estimates, you must be very close to your cabinet for the Infinity estimates (FTTC), but quite some distance from basic ADSL broadband equipment, hence why an entry for BET has appeared. It is possible that BT have placed you on BET technology instead, rather than ADSL Max, but I wasn't aware of BT (or any ISP for that matter) making use of BET at this time.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 31

I still think even though modulation is adslmax it looks like there is a connection problem and more like 1mb fixed especially with 288kbps up speed

dont think there is anything you can do so see if mods can investigate and get connection fixed. Mods will post a contact us link. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Derrymilk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 31

The wholesale speed test will not run the 2nd part of the test

0 Ratings
Derrymilk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 31

I am about 1/2 mile from cabinet and about 2 from the exchange

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 31

Looking at the service checker results of up to 1Mbps ADSL makes me wonder how you got a 7Mbps ADSL connection when on BT before?

Regarding the point of sale info, check your order confirmation email. It should give an estimated connection speed range and a guaranteed minimum. What does it say?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 31

If the number and line were moved to the TalkTalk Wholesale platform and then back to BT Wholesale could the service checker take some time to get back in sync? New lines can often take a while before the BT Wholesale database is up to date.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 31

As the dslchecker worked then number must be with BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Derrymilk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 31

image.jpegDon't really know much about the type of service or what the numbers other than downstream sync mean, but I know what I have been getting for the last 2 years

0 Ratings