Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpongePower
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Banded Profile/Line for more than 14+days

Go to solution

About 3 weeks ago we had a big storm which caused our power to go out and our broadband to disconnect multiple times and we had a bit of static on the line during the storm as well. Prior to the storm out noise margin was connecting at 3db on the downstream and 6db on upstream and the latency type changes every so often from fast to interleaved and back again in like a month.

Since the storm passed there were openreach engineers working on the lines in our village for about a day and the static was gone but our downstream noise margin had already jumped to about 10.5db. EVERY single time the hub connects its always at 4.54mbps downstream now. When it was on 3db it usually gave us between 6.60mbps - 7.50mbps. I waited the standard 3- 5 days of constant connection but nothing changed so I just left it and the hub just restarted on the 14th day but when it reconnected NO improvement still exactly 4.54mbps and a 10.5db noise margin. I was monitoring it all through the 14 days making sure there were no disconnections and there were none.

I checked the quite line and am connected to the test socket and it is silent. Our attenuation is quite high at 50db (long line). btw we use a BT Business Smart hub but we have also tried the bt hub 4  for 5 days and it was the exact same 4.54mbps. Our max data rate according to the hub still ranges from 6600 to 7500. Would it be possible to request a line reset by a mod? Here are the stats from the Smart hub:

noisemargin1.jpgLinestats1.jpgThe reason the DSL Uptime is only 7 hours is we had a 5 min power cut ealier today.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Banded Profile/Line for more than 14+days

Go to solution

I have asked mods to help and get you out of banding  they will reset noise margin back to normal 6db   mods will post help here 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @SpongePower,

Providing the extra noise margin is caused by banding, and it's not coming from a fault, we should be able to change the DLM settings. We can set the upstream to 6dB and the down to 3 or 6dB. Before we can do that I'll need your account details privately.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you. It may take us 1-2 working days before we can get back to you. Please make sure you tell us if you want it set at 3 or 6dB for down on that form.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
SpongePower
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick response Smiley Happy just sent over the details. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @SpongePower,

You are very welcome.

One of the team will be in touch with you over the next couple of working days Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @SpongePower,

I've changed that for you. I called you twice but missed you.

You should notice that the SNR is back to 3dB and that your speeds have increased again.

Do you need any other help or are you happy to close your case? Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
SpongePower
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks Smiley Happy just got back from work to see the speeds back to normal. Just curious about one more thing is it at all possible to lock the latency type to fast in order to stop it wondering around from fast to interleaved when it feels like it? As it is stable on fast

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

You are very welcome @SpongePower.

When I changed the DLM for you I set it as interleaved for both up and down. Would you like me to try and complete another change to it? I can ask for interleaving to be off and turn off DLM so it doesn't change in a week or two but I'd prefer to have DLM enabled. 

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
SpongePower
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

If its not too much trouble could I have it switched to fast as its stable and DLM turned off so it doesn't change it anymore. Fast always seems to be as stable as interleaved on my line and can usually reach the 14 day period and reset no problems and as a gamer fast is more preferable Smiley Happy 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

I've placed an order to turn off interleaving for you @SpongePower. It's not as quick as the reset. It will complete tomorrow :smilehappy:

Is there anything else that I can help you with or are you happy to close your case?

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings