Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nickouk
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Big internet problems have returned after 6 months

Go to solution

Earlier in the year (the months leading up to March 2018), I messaged on here about months of internet problems, eventually being helped over the phone by someone called Stephanie (I can't remember her username). The speed cap was removed and an engineer apparently fixed an external problem; the connection got a lot better, it still dropped sometimes but the speed increased a lot.

Early last month, the router had to be temporarily unplugged and moved slightly; after which the drop outs became more frequent, but the speed was good so it was fine. Then a couple of weeks ago, while it was raining heavily, it dropped out six times in a row and the speed has dropped to as low as 0.25mb/s. Weirdly, it doesn't seem to have been capped (I think I can tell by how the needle on the speed test goes) it's just really slow. The details are below.

1. Product Name: HomeHub42. Serial number: +076281+16340012633. Firmware version: v0.07.05.03230-BT (Type B) Last updated 14/5/20184. Board version: 01B5. DSL uptime: 1 days, 00:46:306. Data Rate: 256 / 2887. Maximum Data Rate: 384 / 35088. Noise Margin: 9.0 / 29.19. Line Attenuation: 14.0 / 16.510. Signal Attenuation: 12.0 / 16.511. Data sent/received: 129.1 MB / 834.7 MB12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com13. BT Wi-fi: No14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub4-J32Q15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA & WPA2 (Recommended)17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub4-J32Q19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 n (up to 300 Mb/s))20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)22. Firewall: Default23. MAC Address: e4:3e:d7:3c:92:0524. VPI/VCI: 0/3825. Modulation: G.992.1(DMT)26. Latency type: Interleaved27. Software variant: -28. Boot loader: 0.5.0-BT (Wed Nov 12 11:47:59 2014)

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Big internet problems have returned after 6 months

Go to solution

with an unstable connection you really need to sort out stability before any line reset  however looking at previous stats you were on adsl2 according to modulation but your current stats show adslmax modulation

i ahve asked a mod to see if they can help as that should not happen

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @nickouk Sorry you are having a problem with your broadband connection.

Drop us over your details by clicking on my profile and selecting the contact the mods option and we will be happy to help you get back to ADSL2

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
nickouk
Contributor
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Hi John, I've clicked on your profile, but, for the life of me, can't see any link that says 'contact the mods'. (I searched for some forum entries on this and apparently it'll appear once it's been made visible to me? If this has already happened, where is it located?)

Thanks

Nick

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

asked mods to repost    not visible in mobile view

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @nickouk Sorry about that. Please check now and it will be there.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
nickouk
Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks a lot, it appeared this time and I filled out the form- cheers!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

@nickouk my tests have picked up a fault with your line which has been sent to the engineers to investigate further. Are you having any problems making or receiving calls on the land line? I'll be back in touch tomorrow with an update.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
nickouk
Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

We pretty much don't ever use the landline phone for making calls, it's only there because BT told us to plug one in. The line, however, is incredibly crackly, as it has been since we moved in two years ago, even when the internet is working fine.

UPDATE: When I picked up the phone to see if the line was crackly, the internet dropped for a few minutes (orange flashing light on router).

Thanks

Nick

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

@nickouk Thanks for getting back to me, I tried calling you this morning but got your voice mail.  Any noise on the line will impact the broadband and cause problems with it. The tests indicate that the source of the fault is either in your home or very close and I’d like to make sure that it’s not your own wiring or equipment causing the noise. 

Would you be able to plug a known working phone directly into the test socket and call 17070 and choose option 2. This is a specific test for noise on the line and if it’s still noisy in the test socket then the fault is likely to be on the line outside.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings