cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Blue wire has come off. What do I do?

Go to solution

Screenshot_20220722_113043.jpg

The blue wire was in the clear plastic part top right labelled A next to where the white and blue wire goes into B. My dad being heavy handed moved the box and the blue wire snapped off. I say snapped off instead of come out as it looks like there's still some blue wire inside the plastic part. How do I fix this? Is it fixable?

Currently my WiFi/internet is working fine, I don't have a landline phone plugged in right now to test whether the landline is working though.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Blue wire has come off. What do I do?

Go to solution

just pick out the bit blue cable still connected to A then reconnect the blue cable - job done.  nothing to be worried about

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Just lift the little door, cut the cable so both legs are level, push them back into the hole and push it back down.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Sw95 and welcome to our community.

Sorry you're having issues with the wiring. Both @Starwire and @imjolly advice is good. Hopefully you've got this sorted. Let us know how you're getting on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Update: Thank you for your replies. I tried but unfortunately I couldn't open up/lift the clear plastic part to get the broken wire that was inside out and to put the blue wire back in. However, I got an automated text from BT to say they detected something wrong with the broadband and to reply to book an engineer to come out, so I thought it best to leave it to them to do incase I fiddle and break it further and booked the engineer to come out. The engineer came out a few days later and found that there was an issue with something that's located outside further down the street I live on, which was causing the broadband issue BT detected. I guess it was just a lucky coincidence that it was around the same time the wire snapped off, so the engineer fixed the issue on the street and also fixed the wire/box for me 🙂
0 Ratings