cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wyper61
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Bringing decent speeds to long line broadband area

My local exchange and cabinet has been fibre enabled since I moved into the house (6 years ago) but because of distance from cabinet can't get speeds in excess of 2mbs. Questions:

With Scottish Government commitment of 100% high speed coverage by 2020, will this include those affected by long line; if so, I'm willing to wait. If not, can anyone suggest any a cost effective alternative

Is there any way to find out up to date info on whether Openreach have any plans for improvements in my area (live in the South side of Glasgow)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bringing decent speeds to long line broadband area

you would be better asking your question here rather than openreach  https://www.scotlandsuperfast.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Wyper61
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

The Scotlandsuperfast site is really poor in its ability to post a query and get any sort of response. It just refers you to the FAQ's

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

just complete the form  https://www.scotlandsuperfast.com/contact

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Surely you've already answered your own question.

‘With Scottish Government commitment of 100% high speed coverage by 2020’.

If they are committed to providing high speed broadband to 100% of Scotland sure that means every home and business in the Country.