Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jruimartins
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband ADSL activation delay

Go to solution

Hi,

So, I moved into a new flat a couple of weeks ago.

I ordered ADSL broadband from BT and got the activation date to be on the 18th of Jan.

Since there was already a phone line there, no engineer was needed, so I got the hub on the mail on the 18th.

The day went by and the broadband wasn't activated. The phone line supposed to be working according to the order tracking (I don't have a phone to test it), but broadband is yet to be activated.

The following day (19th) I spoke with the support and they told me there was some kind of problem with the supplier, they would need 48h to sort it and that by today at 6pm the broadband would be active.

In the meantime I opened a complain. This morning I was contacted with someone handling the complain explaining me that the provider told them that there was no capacity at the moment for the broadband to be activated and they were going to take care of it (whatever that means), but they couldn't get me an expected date to have it sorted. The person on the phone told me she would call me again next Thursday to follow up.

I just checked my phone number at https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html and there seems to be broadband available for my number, so not sure what's happening.

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 6.5--3 to 8Available------Yes
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 6.5Up to 13 to 8Available------Yes
ADSL MaxUp to 5--3.5 to 7.5Available--------
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available------Yes
Fixed Rate2 ----Available--------
ADSL Multicast------Available--------

Is this normal to happen? How long does it take to sort it out? Does anyone can give me more info or an update on this?

I would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

J

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband ADSL activation delay

Go to solution

Hi @jruimartins,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry to hear about the delay in activating your Broadband service. Did you manage to get this sorted? If not, I'll be able to take a look at this for you.

You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
jruimartins
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi, 

Yes, it's sorted. It got activated on the 24th.

Thanks for the reply.

J

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @jruimartins

Thank for posting back. I'm glad to hear your Broadband is up and running.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings