cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Broadband Connection, My continued problems.

Have had trouble with my broadband constantly dropping out, sometimes losing connection for days, I have had 3 different engineers out, performing the same, cleaning the wiring ends reseating them, checking all connection from house to first pole, no problems found, after they leave, two days later, no broadband, this has been the same old same for months now.

A few days ago i made a phone call to BT as again i had no broadband, i was told that there was nothing found with in the house hold he thought that it would be an wiring or exchange issue, this chap told me he would book and engineer for today, morning 8-1 visit. meanwhile he would perform a ping back to reset my connection.

Having now got a decent connection and also because of previous events, i thought i would make contact with Pooja at BT via there online chat. I was told that the engneer had been cancelled. Although I had no confirmation of this via email or phone, so as one would when expecting a visit i sat around, until i found out the above. If i had not made the contact i would have been sitting around waiting, instead of visiting my daughter who is very ill in hospital.

Speaking to the chap on the online chat, he made me a promise that he would find out why the engneer was canclled and that he would phone me with in 15mins. I am still sitting here waiting. WHY do this people make appointments they cannot keep, i have much more important things to do in my life than to sit around waiting.

Question; As i have had so much troube and many hours with out Broadband, i would hope i am intilted to some credit on my bill as BT have not kept there side of the contract. Can anyone tell me how i go about requesting this please/

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband Connection, My continued problems.

Yu are not alone..... Sounds like my on going issues..... finally Verified that exchange has a fault over the last month and needs investigation / repair / reset - depending on which person you speak to, they just want to close the phone case down.  No engineer has contacted me regarding the fault. Case was closed without engineer contacting me so wasted day off !!

really dont like this poor customer service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Anyone ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Hi Welcome to the community forums

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband
in the call are you connected to the test socket using a new filter

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

The stats for the Home Hub 6 can be found on the Information page from http://192.168.1.254 then Advanced Settings -> Technical Log. 

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down.

This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Hi @starship and thanks for posting. 

You've mentioned there is noise on the line on your Slow download speed thread. Was that fixed? If there is noise on the line you need that sorted by a line engineer before the broadband issues can be resolved. Have you reported the noise on the line to 151?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for reply.

" Having now got a decent connection and also because of previous events, i thought i would make contact with Pooja at BT via there online chat. I was told that the engineer had been cancelled. Although I had no confirmation of this via email or phone, so as one would when expecting a visit i sat around, until i found out the above. If i had not made the contact i would have been sitting around waiting, instead of visiting my daughter who is very ill in hospital.

Speaking to Pooja on the online chat, he made me a promise that he would find out why the engneer was cancelled, also abouty credit and that he would phone me with in 15mins. I am still sitting here waiting. WHY do these people make appointments they cannot keep, i have much more important things to do in my life than to sit around waiting.

Question; As i have had so much troube and many hours with out Broadband, i would hope i am intilted to some credit on my bill as BT have not kept there side of the contract. Can anyone tell me how i go about requesting this please "

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Hi @starship,

Thanks for the reply. You haven't confirmed if the noise issue was resolved. You are entitled to a refund for loss of service under our customer guarantee scheme once the fault has been fixed. Have you discussed that with any of the advisers you've spoken to? 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings