Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flyinghigh
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Broadband Connection issue - keeps dropping out, constantly

Go to solution

Hello. I have been with BT for many many years. I have had an intermittent problem with my broadband cutting out since approximately Feb this year. Recently, the problem has gotten much worse, such it disconnects multiple times an hour, going from solid blue to flashing orange to solid orange then back to solid blue. I am a home worker and this is causing me great distress! I have been calling BT since Feb. I have disconnected all devices; I only have the router plugged in. I have tried two other BT home hubs that I know are working, one is from my ex-wife’s house and it works there no problems. When I connect my router at her house, it works without issue. They have eventually agreed to an engineer’s visit, on the condition I agree to accept the fee of £130. However the earliest they can come is Sat 19 Aug. When I asked if they could come earlier, the exact reply was “No Chance”!  Is there anything else I can do?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband Connection issue - keeps dropping out, constantly

Go to solution
Other than wait for the Openreach engineers visit no
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Flyinghigh
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband Connection issue - keeps dropping out, constantly

Go to solution

Update. On checking the cables into the house, they go into an oblong junction box, a BT 52A Block Terminal; it was full of spider webs and associated debris. As soon as I hoovered this out and cleaned it, the issue when away – immediately! Hasn’t dropped out since (7 days or so).

0 Ratings