Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EPS-XPL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Broadband Drops Out

Go to solution

We have BT Business Broadband that keeps dropping out. We have had five engineer visits in four weeks who have eliminated everything but SHINE which they say is produced externally and they can do nothing about it. We have run an analysis program for the last 24 hours (RouterStats HUB 5A) which showed a drop out of 4 minutes at 22:56 yesterday. The question is that whist I expected the Connection Speed and Max Speed to drop to '0' I would have thought the Line Attenuation & Noise Margin would have remained but that too drop to 0dB, is that right? We also have a domestic line with broadband that only joins the business line back at the 'Green Box' and that dropped out at the same time. We have been lifted and shifted to a new DSLAM with the domestic remaining on the old. Sure this isn't SHINE this is the network dropping out at the Fibre Cab or Exchange. This is only a small village and there are a number of other HT users suffering the same symptoms. To make sure it isn't Mains bourne we even ran the routers off one of our UPS backup inverters used for PC's and they still dropped out running off the battery pack.! Any input would be gratefully received.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband Drops Out

Go to solution

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
EPS-XPL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Considering this affects both domestic and business surely I can post on either?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@EPS-XPL wrote:

Considering this affects both domestic and business surely I can post on either?

The BT moderators that operate this residential users` forum, cannot help BT Business customers. As you have a repeat fault, this can only be progressed by one of the BT Business team.

0 Ratings
EPS-XPL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

OK can I re-post this as a domestic on here. An a new post on BT Business?

0 Ratings
EPS-XPL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,

I have listed seperately on BT Business for the business line and replaced this question with one aimed at our domestic line. I hope that is correct as I don't normally use forums!

Any ideas on the domestic fault?

0 Ratings