cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

Broadband Fails to meet USO

Hi,

I've recently joined BT as TalkTalk were unable to give me more than 4Mbps. With the new BT SMartHub2 we are able to get a little bit more but still well short of the reliable 10Mbps we should be getting. I've queried the technical log from the router and written a bit of code to plot the sync speed, attached is the result form the past 4 days, showing long periods of instability and slow overall connection.

Despite this the USO service checker claims that we can recieve over 10Mbps and are thus not eligible for an upgrade under USO.

There is a fibre broadband connection in the valley below us, which comes to within 500m of our little hamlet, all we would need for a cabinet to serve our group of 10 houses is 500m of fibre and a cabinet, how would we apply to get that done?

DaveSyncSpeed.png

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: Broadband Fails to meet USO

did you read this

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/BT-Broadband-USO-Your-questions-answered/...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 27

I did check link that, thanks.

It was from there that I got to the page at  bt.com/uso which tells me lies about my broadband being fast enough, despite what the hub tells me.

I can't phone the USO help desk at the moment as my wife is in an online meeting and the phone tends to bring down the internet.

Don't suppose you've got an email contact for the USO help desk?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 27

The USO doesn’t mean they will automatically give you 10mbps at the point of sale but rather you can request they provide you with it.

Met a lady today, broadband speed is 6mbps. Mentioned about the 10mbps USO and she said she wasn’t interested as what she’s got is more than adequate for what she uses the internet for.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 27

OK. 
I'd quite like to see how you can request 10mbps under USO - as I said, the USO page from BT erroneously claims that we have 10mbps and stops at that point.

We've got 2 of us working from home online, one university student and one sixth former. We have to negotiate online meetings on teams/zoom/etc as the link won't take more than one of us in a meting at a time.
10mbps would be a starting point.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 27

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

post hub stats advanced settings then technical log information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 27

hi,

Are you saying that when someone picks up the phone and makes a call the internet drops out or just that the speed drops. If the internet drops out and you lose the broadband at the hub there might be a fault on the line.

Have you tried the quiet line test. 

I hope one of the gurus here can provide a link or details of how to do a quiet lone test as I can’t seem to find it at the moment.

phone tends to bring down the internet.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 27

Here are the stats from the router and also from the ADSL 

HubStas1.pngADSL Page.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 27

sorry but can you post full stats from advanced settings then technical log information (not the logs)

connection time is only 15hrs is that due to router dropping connection or manual reset?  are you having problems with dropped connect?

quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 27

Here are the stats from the hub, hope these are the right ones.

The drop 16 hours ago was due to unplugging the openreach box faceplate to to a quiet line test direct to the master socket.

The quiet line test seems ok

HubStats2.png