cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Broadband Issues

I've had issues dropping connection on the last two Saturday evenings since the lockdown, it's fine the rest of the time. I refuse to change any settings etc. as it's obviously a bandwidth issue due to the lockdown despite assurances that the providers can cope. I'm still on ADSL despite living in a large town in the NW of England and no plans for that to change despite the cabinet being fibre enabled, whatever that means. I've been with BT for over 30 years but as there's no chance of me getting a fibre connection, I'm considering moving over to the dark side i.e Virgin.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband Issues

I don't think it is a bandwidth issue as you suggest otherwise it would happen daily and that would normally only restrict your download speed not connection or result in dropping connection.  Is the hub dropping internet conenction or are you using wifi and it is the wifi that is dropping conenction?

as it only happens on Saturday night is there anything in your home that could cause the interference which drops connection?  if internet connection does speed return to normal after reset

post hub stats  if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

check for line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone from test socket using filter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband Issues

Hi thanks for the reply. I've just run a speed test and everything is normal and I don't wish to sound rude but I've had similar issues in the past that have resolved themselves without doing anything at all, other than BT replacing the smart hub a couple of times on initial release. Having said that, I'll do as you suggest later just to be sure.

0 Ratings