cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Broadband - No Connection

Go to solution

I have a BT Smarthub on ADSL. We had a power cut 5 nights ago and afterwards the Broadband didn't come back on. I gave it overnight and then tried again. Problem remained. I've been in touch with BT about 6 times and have had faults opened and closed but nothing has changed except I've found out that neighbouring properties are also affected.

I've check on the Smarthub and the log has many entries of:

Timeout during PPP initialization LCP/IPCP

I wondered if anyone could point me towards what might be happening?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband - No Connection

Go to solution

have you tried going to 'HELP' at top of this page and check service in my area to see if anything shown

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the fast response.

Yes, the area fault list was my first (and frequent) call. Unfortunately, as of this morning it isn't registering as an area fault. Being rural/remote even if everybody in a 5 mile stretch called it probably wouldn't 'trigger' an area fault.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Is your phone line working?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Keith 

Yes, landline  phone working fine as far as we know - can dial out and receive calls.

Just the broadband - though that also affects mobiles as have to use booster to route over broadband.

Thanks for helping!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@bfoandc wrote:

Hi Keith 

Yes, landline  phone working fine as far as we know - can dial out and receive calls.

Just the broadband - though that also affects mobiles as have to use booster to route over broadband.

Thanks for helping!

Provided you get the  correct number read back, when you dial 17070, then its either a fault on the ADSL equipment in the exchange, a faulty backhaul route, or a faulty home hub.

From what you said about other neighbours, it sounds like a common backhaul fault.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks again for the advice.

The broadband was back on again last night for the area - so it was a common fault.  

0 Ratings