cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mandahartle
Message 1 of 8

Broadband Problems and Bad Customer Service

Early this year we signed up for a BT Broadband as it was a better deal than or previous broad band supplier. Previous to using BT we had never experienced any issues with our broad band in the 5 years of living at our current address.

• After about 7-8 months our broadband kept dropping out all the time and our hub kept flashing orange.
  • I called BT on the 23rd August to report the fault, checks were done over the phone however the fault could not be resolved so an engineer was called.
  • Engineer came and apparently cleared some noise off the line as it was crackling (the line continues to crackle today) I was told that this would solve the issue.
  • This did not solve the issue so I called BT again this time I was told that the problem was with my hub and that they would send me a new one.
  • The new hub arrives and the situation does not improve.
  • I call BT again and they send another engineer to my property, this engineer performs a few checks and claims that there is no problem.
  • On calling BT again I am told that the problem is due the settings on my computer, I am run through different settings and told to restart all my devices.
  • This does not work so I call BT again, this time checks are done over the phone and I am told that there is an issue with the line which can be fixed remotely, I am told to wait a few days whilst this is sorted.
  • This does not work so again I call BT, this time I told that a third more experienced engineer will visit my property, I have to wait 3 days for the visit and I am told to be in from 1-6 to see the engineer. I finish work early and wait in all afternoon and the engineer does not turn up. On calling BT I am told that the engineer does not need access to the property as it is a cabling issue. I am told to wait 2 days when I will receive a call back with an update, I am assured that this problem will be fixed
  • 2 days later I do not receive a call back and I had to call BT to find out what was going on. I am on the phone for 70 minutes and passed to 4 different people, I was told that all the issues that I am experiencing are down to a long line length and that there is absolutely nothing that can be done and that the best thing to do is to shut my account!

I am appalled by the service that I have received form BT they have been unhelpful, unprofessional and inconsistent in their service. It has taken almost 9 weeks for them come to the conclusion that there is nothing they can do.

I find it difficult to understand how after 5 years of no issues with my broadband service I am now told that I cannot receive broadband any more. I don’t feel that BT have provided a satisfactory resolution to my issues and rather than try and rectify the problem they have ignored it and would rather shut my account.

My account is currently still open however my broadband is intermittent and my phone line is noisy and crackles all the time.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Broadband Problems and Bad Customer Service

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

They should be able to escalate the outstanding line fault.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

are you using the test socket with a new filter or can you try that?

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best wiyth corded phone

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

which version of hub do you have?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

@Keith_Beddoe

do you have that on a macro?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

@imjolly wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe

do you have that on a macro?

Which?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi mandahartie,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forum!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your service and that you have spent so much of your time trying to get this sorted out.  I do appreciate the time that you have taken to contact us.

No need to worry as we will pick this up and get you sorted out from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

this post

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8
Moved:

0 Ratings