cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband Speed!

Right, our broadband has been gradually getting worse over the last 4 years since we moved here. We are on the end of the line which comes out of the town. 3 houses within 150m of me and we are the last. The other houses are 600m towards town. We have had atleast 8 breaks in the line in 4 years.

This year we dug in a new duct and Openreach pulled through a new copper cable. This was also in anticipation of fibre coming down as it had reached the houses 600m away. The new cable has made no a bit of a difference. Before we were getting 2mb and now 4mb. When we moved here we were 5.5-6mb. As the faults occurred and the speed dropped BT also dropped our guarunteed speed! Now our neighbour has 8mb who is 150m away. Shouldnt we be getting the 8MB ish too?!?!?! What can we do to get the speed improved?

The line has been chaos. They wouldnt pay to put poles in along the main road to bring the fibre from the other houses 600m away to us. Then the engineers found a duct leading to the end of our lane! During this time i had tried to contact Chris Selley, Openreach MD. This resulted in a telephone call from one of his teams. They told me there was no money left to install the fibre. a few days later the engineer came in and told us the fibre had been blown through! They also said they had found the chamber and duct under the railway line (crosses road 600m away where the other houses are) and that they needed traffic lights as it was under 4" of tarmac 😮 So last week the traffic lights were there, cover has been raised and now level with road again. So in theory fibre should be available iminently. The engineer said i should look into placing an order. No suppliers currently have us able to place an order! How can one hand of openreach have no idea what the other hand is doing? Its been such a battle.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband Speed!

are you a BT broadband customer?

if so enter your phone number and post results  delete number but leave exchange and cab

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband Speed!

Somewhat similar to our issues...I've just joined the community this evening and posted because of the ongoing problems. We certainly empathise. NightRunner_10.
0 Ratings