cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alan2272
Message 1 of 2

Broadband Speed

I have had a catologue of problems stretching back for 4 weeks. It began with broadband frequently dropping, affecting internet & BT Vision use. I was sent a new hub which made no difference. The phone line then became increasingly noisy and eventually a fault on the line was diagnosed. I have since had an engineer visit and the noisy line has been temporarily repaired pending some more work on the line. I have had a steady broadband connection since Friday but the speed is still exceptionally slow.

ADSL Line Status

Connection Information

Line state: Connected
Connection time: 1 days, 16:33:55
Downstream: 287.1 Kbps
Upstream: 440 Kbps

ADSL Settings

VPI/VCI: 0/38
Type: PPPoA
Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type: Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up): 16.3 dB / 24.8 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up): 39.0 dB / 22.6 dB
Output power (Down/Up): 18.0 dBm / 12.2 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 38298 / 389
CRC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

I wonder if anyone can help in getting the broadband speed back up to it's previous level?

thanks

Alan

Hide details

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Broadband Speed

your connection has reset since fridays as connection time < 2days

you currently are in a banded profile due to all the disconenctions but if you remain connected 24/7 for 3/5 days with no resets then banding should release noise margin drop to 12/15db and your speed increase.  if you stay conencted noise margin should continue to drop till it reaches normal 6db with speed increases at each drop

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings