cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bloosman
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Broadband Treacle

This has probably been discussed many times before, but I'll raise it anyway...

I live in Aberdeenshire and use a BT Home Hub 1.0 or 1.5 (can't recall which, but it's white in colour with small grey ariel).

The internet access on my Mac (wireless) and wife's Windows laptop (wireless) is useable but slow...

I am currently in Fife, using the laptop on a BTwifi hotspot and it is blisteringly fast....!!!!

Why...????

Is it my HomeHub just failing to cut the mustard...?...is it my home location..(35 miles form the Oil Capital of the world) or is it possibly a settings issue on the hub...?

Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband Treacle

Please post the results that you get from using this link, assuming its a home hub 1. It may also apply to a HH1.5.

BT Home Hub - DSL Connection

You will need the HH1 admin password.

Then post the information from this website, after editing out your phone4 number.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput

0 Ratings
Bloosman
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Keith,

Many thanks, I will try the link when I return home...

BT have also just advised that I can now upgrade to Infinity...funny that, or am I just being cycnical...????

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I would check your speed first. I have a HH1, and get about 12Mbs connection speed, which is more than adequate, but I am quite close to the exchange.

I do not use the HH1 wireless, but have separate wireless access points instead.

The HH1 is actually one of the better ADSL routers.

If you use Broadband Talk, then ANY change to your existing broadband contract, will result in the immediate loss of that service, and the extra phone number.

0 Ratings
Bloosman
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks again Keith...I'll check it all out first on my return home...

0 Ratings