cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jacklenox
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Broadband activation date has passed, and nothing...

Hi all,

So yesterday we had our new BT services in a property that we've just moved to. The OpenReach guy was actually early and after about an hour had the line up and running. Our equipment hadn't arrived so we couldn't test broadband but the phone line seems to be working fine.

Then our equipment arrived and we set it up but the blue B didn't glow. We thought this was fair enough as they do say up to midnight. Then at about 4 I received an email and text saying that the service was all ready to go. So we tried again but still the b light didn't glow.

So we called BT and didn't get much sense out of the advisor. She was flip flopping between different lengths of time based on my reaction - 24 hours, midnight tomorrow, etc. She settled on saying it would be up by midnight tonight (yesterday).

Needless to say, it didn't miraculously start working at midnight. It's now the morning after, and it still isn't working. Oh and the 24 hour support line closes at 9pm and reopens at 8am...

Any advice?

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband activation date has passed, and nothing...

Follow the self help on this page http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36628/c/346

If that fails, try ringing the helpdesk on 0800 111 4567

0 Ratings
jacklenox
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, but I've done this. I'm fairly technical so I have tried everything. And I will call them but as I said, they close overnight.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi jacklenox,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I can look into this if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You’ll find the “contact us” link in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
jacklenox
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks David, I've just contacted you as you have suggested.

Any help much appreciated.
0 Ratings