cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pyrator
Message 1 of 10

Broadband constantly dropping and no help from Broadband Technical Support Team

I've just moved into a new house, and my connection constantly drops out. I received a new homehub and when the connection fails, the home hub light starts blinking orange. I've swapped out filters but to no avail and tried ringing the technical help but have got switched to billing department after a 20 minute wait. I'm told that from their end they can't see a problem but when I try the online troubleshooter this constantly reports an error but stops working at the end of the procedure. When I continue to report the problem it fails repeatedly - I've tried all browsers Edge, Firefox and Chrome and get the message.

We’re sorry, something went wrong.

Please get in touch with us so we can help to resolve your problem.

Which is a fat help as no one seems to answer.

I can see in the event log messages such as

DSL is up
DSL noise margin: 6.10 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream
DSL line rate: 673 Kbps upstream, 7328 Kbps downstream
CWMP: session closed due to error: No response
CWMP: Server URL: https://pbthdm.bt.mo; Connecting as user: ACS username
CWMP: Session start now. Event code(s): '4 VALUE CHANGE'
CWMP: session closed due to error: No response
CWMP: Server URL: https://pbthdm.bt.mo; Connecting as user: ACS username
CWMP: Session start now. Event code(s): '4 VALUE CHANGE'
CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 4 VALUE CHANGE
DSL is down after 4 minutes uptime
ETHoA is down after 4 minutes uptime
PPPoA is down after 3 minutes uptime [Waiting for Underlying Connection (WAN DSL -​ Up)]
PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

I've tried the speed test and quiet line test as well which both seem satisfactory.

The billing department seem unwilling to send an engineer. I'm hoping to switch to infinity but if this is the sort of service I get I think I'll pass.

Regards

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
pyrator
Message 2 of 10

Re: Broadband constantly dropping and no help from Broadband Technical Support Team

Here's my info

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:#######
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.26.1.1 (Type A) Last updated Unknown
4. Board version:BT Hub 4A
5. ADSL uptime:0 days, 00:08:27
6. Bandwidth:1017 / 15612
7. Data sent/received:0.5 MB / 0.9 MB
8. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
9. BT Wi-fi:Yes
10. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:#######
11. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
12. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA and WPA2
13. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
14. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:#######
15. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 a/n (up to 300 Mb/s))
16. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. Firewall:Default
19. MAC Address:#######
20. VPI/VCI:0 / 38
21. Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
22. Latency type:Interleaved
23. Software variant:-
24. Boot loader:-
BT Home Hub 4 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.26.1.1 | Last updated Unknown

I've hidden information with #######

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Re: Broadband constantly dropping and no help from Broadband Technical Support Team

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you  run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results ( do not reset the router).  must be done with wired connection

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pyrator
Message 4 of 10

As I mentioned in my post I've already ran the quiet test. There is another socket in the house but is not connected

I'm getting a download speed of 11.27 Mbps, 0.72 Mbps upload, and ping 50.75 ms. I've tried connecting directly, powerline adapters, wireless but I can see drop outs in all situations, since it appears to be the connection from the router to the outside world that is at fault.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 11.27 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is -
11.58 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.72Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

I'm using the old style phone socket with a filter attached - there is no test socket.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@pyrator I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your connection dropping and I would like to apologise for the difficulties you had when reporting this. You may need an engineer visit to get to the bottom of the drops on connection. If you can get in touch with the Faults helpdesk on this link they'll be able to help you get this sorted. 

Post back to let me know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

So is the socket you are using the master socket?  Is the other socket connected just not in use or is it disconnected from the master socket?

if there is no noise on quiet line test then as you have tried everything you can then you need to phone customer services and get engineer visit. Unfortunately with no test socket you cannot eliminate internal wiring as causing a problem unless the other socket wiring is disconnected from master

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pyrator
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for your help imjolly. The other socket is disconnected from the master so it's not an issue.
0 Ratings
pyrator
Message 8 of 10

Thanks @NeilO - I suspected as much but I kind of thought the forum might have provided the answers. I'll try the link.
0 Ratings
pyrator
Message 9 of 10

actually the phone number on that pages was the one I tried for 20 minutes before getting booted to the billing department
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@pyrator sorry, I can't explain why that has happened but if you give them a try now they shouldn't be as busy this time of the evening. Alternatively there is a live chat option on that link but I appreciate this may not be suitable if you're having connection problems.

0 Ratings