Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 29

Re: Broadband disconnection issues.

Go to solution

you currently are in a banded profile and until you can get a stbale conenction for at least 5 days you are not going to make any progress  if there is noise on your line when testing with corded phone from tewst socket then you need to get phone engineer by phoning 151 - no mention of broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
TcwH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 29

Go to solution

As I said I have had 2 different phone engineers out. They said that they could hear noise on the line but it passed all their tests. They said I should ring bt using a mobile phone not mention the noise on the line reporting an internet fault.

I booked the broadband engineer. They texted me saying they had found a fault in their network. They turned our phone and internet off completely and replaced a bit of line. This was on a friday.

They left in the afternoon with out speaking to us at all and our phone and net didn't come on. I texted my neighbour up the road and his phone and net were still off as well. I reported this on the monday and nothing.

After reporting this again and finally speaking to some one at openreach in bristol we got some one down on thursday who said they had rewired the connection wrong and not tested it before leaving. This had left both me and my neighbour without phone or internet for 6 days.

I finally thought things would be ok after them replacing the bit of phone line but the disconnections have become more and more frequent now I can use the net for maybe 1-2 minutes. I can post more logs but it is constant now for over 24 hours.

I phoned bt last night and tried to book an engineer, she put me on hold for ages while I thought she was booking it. She then said she had emailed me the solution. I thought this odd because we didn't agree a date or time for the visit.

I eventually got on line and checked my email and she has sent me rudimentary instructions on how to enable wireless in the my homehub.......

So please give me advice as to what I should so now? I am connected to the test socket and there is noise on the line. I have had two engineers say that this "passes their tests" and there isn't a fault. They said I should

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @TcwH,

Thanks for posting. I'm assuming all these disconnections are happening when you're connected via cable? If so then drop me over an email with your details and I'll look into this for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
TcwH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 29

Go to solution

Hi again,

I finally got the broadband engineer out today. He thinks he managed to fix the noise on the line and hopefully that will fix my connection issues.

I asked that he reset the ip profile and put me back on fast path. He said he sent a request to the whole sale guys about this instead of going back to factory settings.

How long does the line have to be stable before I can request going back to fast path instead of interleaving? Also can I do it throuh you guys on here?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 29

Go to solution
you need to be able to post stable hub stats showing 3/5 days the mods can be asked to arrange the change for you
0 Ratings
TcwH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 29

Go to solution

Wow just as I finished typing that post I got put back to fastpath I was not expecting it that quickly. Thanks for the quick reply though.

0 Ratings
TcwH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 29

Go to solution

Hi,

The issue has come back is it possible for me to contact you via email? I think the link has gone from your profile. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @TcwH,

Thanks for posting. Please do send over your details and I'll look into this for you. You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
TcwH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 29

Go to solution

DavidM,

Thanks for the reply please put my email request on hold as I have another visit booked.

0 Ratings
TcwH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 29

Go to solution

Hello again. My connection has been fine on the whole and stayed fast path while slowly increasing speed until I am now at pretty much my max. A few days back it decided to change to interleaving though. Can I request to be put back on fast path please?

DSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:3 days, 00:16:23
Downstream:10.26 Mbps
Upstream:1.059 Mbps

0 Ratings