Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobs1986
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Broadband disconnects

Go to solution

Yes. Normally I have my phone and router plugged into the master via a filter and all works normally. 

I want to have my phone in the slave and router in the master. Which doesn’t work as I’ve described. 

Does my wiring look correct? From my master to my slave. I believe it does. The pictures are above. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

What I would recommend that you do, is to fit a filtered faceplate which replaces the bottom section. It very easy to fit, and your extension wiring connects to the back of it, and is filtered to prevent the broadband signal getting into the extension wiring.

You will no longer need to use any microfilters.

The one shown below, is compatible with ADSL and VDSL (should you upgrade to superfast fibre at any time) If you look on Amazon, or other online sites, you should find it,

clipboard_image_0.jpeg

lindy rear.jpg

Meanwhile, you might like to try removing the wire from terminal 3 at both ends, as this is the bell wire and is not used anymore, and causes line imbalance, which can cause disconnects.

Remember to leave a microfilter plugged into the extension socket, until you have replaced the faceplate with a filtered on.

You may also find an increase in connection speed, when you fit a filtered faceplate.

0 Ratings
Bobs1986
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

I have disconnect number 3 (orange) both ends and I still got a dial tone on both sockets (master and slave) but the router won’t connect. 

Will get a new faceplate and see if that helps. 

I shall report back. 

Many thanks! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

The faceplate will eliminate any issues with the broadband going down the extension wiring, and it looks better than a microfilter danging out of the master socket.

Bobs1986
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Have replaced the master front plate and it’s fixed! Many thanks 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution