cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband down - updates are so poor

Why are the updates so poor ?

Gillingham/ Rainham area .
BT broadband issues since Sunday . Find some info that issues seen and been fixed . Come and goes afters hours
Sunday down 4-7PM
Monday ok
Tuesday 4- 7
Wed 9.30 - 15.00
Today June 18 Just gone down 13.00

Support number 0800 111 4567
Got through on Wed, after waiting 30min . Guy who answered sounded like He was half asleep and not interested . He mumbled and could not be understood clearly . in fact I gave him more details than He gave me !
Apparently it’s BTopenreach issue , that to me is pretty obvious . As they look after infrastructure...
would be nice to know what is going on .
Even it’s it’s a lighting strike on a mast and will be down for a week ... Just tell Us 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband down - updates are so poor

if you go to help at top of page then check service in your area that will be best way to keep up to date

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband down - updates are so poor

I am sure you may have heard this before .The service updates are not that good .
Pretty much each time you go in it will show issue and advise it was fixed . Even though it is down and no reason as to what issue was .
Why is there no history ?
If there is a reoccurring fault , at least you know that .
I know that my area has been having issues since Sunday and others may have had a lot worse across regions .
The data is stored on the BT / BTOpenworld network . We are not asking for historical data going back years . The engineers update on each call and the data is probability being tracked for your own purposes . Engineer response , fix rates , KPI etc . so what not use for a good customer experience.
Personally , if I know reason for a fault and expected timescale and an update from time to time that is good enough . In most case faults are fixed in less than 1-4 hrs . But if it is something unforeseen , then let the customers know .
0 Ratings