Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drkdeath5000
Contributor
Message 1 of 28

Broadband dropped to 0.29mbps!

Go to solution

Moved to BT last friday and having so many problems its getting beyond a joke now.

First i find out BT doesnt support ADSL Max Premium, then constant dropouts started, and now getting an amazing 0.2mbps which basically means its useless.

I find it amazing that i was with Plusnet for a total of 18-20 months with absolutely no issues yet i move to BT and the issues have been none stop. Coincidence, bad luck or bad service i'm not sure just would like this fixed asap.

Moving on to the troubletshooting details/results:

I'm unable to run the BT troubletshooter (it times out) so cant report a fault. Just about made it on to the forums and ran the BT Speed tester but at 0.29mbps i cant upload a screenshot so this will have to be a text version.

Broadband Speed Test Results

Download Speed (Mbps): 0.29
Upload Speed (Mbps) 0.36
Ping Latency(ms): 205.00

Line stats taken directly from the HH4 logs:

23:32:34, 05 May.    ( 72.110000) DSL noise margin: 27.00 dB upstream, 10.10 dB downstream
23:32:34, 05 May.    ( 72.040000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 8128 Kbps downstream

Availablity Checker - again cant upload screenshots due to 0.29mbps so i will just link to my previous thread which contains the screenshot half way down https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/ADSL-Max/td-p/1741778

Hoping this will be resolved as soon as possible as this has already been an issue since 4/05/2017 so going on 24 hours now where i have no virtually no internet or as good as...

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 28

Re: Broadband dropped to 0.29mbps!

Go to solution
Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call you will need 3/5 days stable connection before your IP Profile rises along with your download speed
0 Ratings
drkdeath5000
Contributor
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution
Yes checked all the usual suspects line is quite with no noise. Cables are all good tried test socket different router etc all with same results. Dropouts started around Wednesday and then Thursday evening the speed plummeted to nothing and it's been like that ever since. Can't run most of the by troubleshooters since it's either to slow or drops out completely.
0 Ratings
drkdeath5000
Contributor
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution
Still no better as of this morning still getting 0.29mbps..
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution
Can you post up your router stats please.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
drkdeath5000
Contributor
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution
Hi Webby. Router stats are in first post. I can't upload screens since it's so slow so i can only post text results.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution
your speed will improve after 3/5 days automatically providing you can maintain a stable connection your low speed is caused by a low IP Profile caused by the disconnections
0 Ratings
drkdeath5000
Contributor
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

Thats just it, its not stable at all. Constantly dropping out every 5-10 minutes. I cant even stay connected long enough to run the BT troubleshooter.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution
If you're in the test socket and it's dropping, you need an engineer visit.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
drkdeath5000
Contributor
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

Thanks Weby.

I keep trying to report it but cant get past the BT troubleshooter. It gets roughly half way through running the network tests and then just timesout and i have to start over again.

If possible could one of the mods raise this as a fault?

0 Ratings