cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Broadband dropping constantly

I might be on copper broadband, but I’m getting frustrated with my service dropping out around the same time every night.

There’s nothing I can do to fix it, the router is fine, the line works, so why is my broadband just constantly dropping out? I’m gonna leave if this isn’t fixed soon.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband dropping constantly

Unless you can move to an ISP who does not use openreach then that will not solve your problem

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

If this  problem happens around the same time every evening, it could be a ‘REIN’ , or ‘SHINE’ event , search these terms to get an understanding of them , but in essence a ‘noisy’ ( defective ) electrical device like a central heating pump switching  emits interference ( when it switches on for example ) which can cause ‘interference’ that can cause ADSL/VDSL broadband services to lose sync , it doesn’t have to be within the same home either , but somewhere close by , there was a famous example where an entire village was losing broadband periodically, and the cause turned out to be a resident with a very old faulty  cathode ray tube television, and when they switched it on , the electrical ‘noise’ it emitted knocked out the broadband of the village residents.

Message 4 of 4

Hi @Sylviebutt and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about your connection, sorry you're having a few problems. If you can post the information menioned by @imjolly we'll be happy to take a look but in the meantime take a look at ::. Kitz - REIN, SHINE & RFI .:: as mentioned by @iniltous .

Cheers

David

0 Ratings