Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Albany
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 22

Re: Broadband dropping

Go to solution

Hi When I connected the extra filter my broadband still dropped and the light on modem goes to orange

0 Ratings
Albany
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

My line is connected to a pole at the bottom of my road

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

@Albany wrote:

Hi When I connected the extra filter my broadband still dropped and the light on modem goes to orange

What extra filter, there is only one microfilter which connect to either the normal front socket, or the test socket?

microfilter.jpg

This only has one connection for the home hub, and another for the phone. And connects up like this. That is the arrangement you should use to prove that the fault is external.

adsl_test.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

@Albany wrote:

My line is connected to a pole at the bottom of my road

That adds to the possibility of potential faults.

Can you locate a junction box where the external dropwire joins the internal wiring, it may look like one of these.

dropbox.jpg or bt 78a.jpg

and may be located at the point where the cable enters the house, sometimes on a window ledge.

If you cannot find a box like that, does the cable from the pole go down your outside wall instead?

0 Ratings
Albany
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

Hi The wire comes down the front of the house and through a hole which they drilled in the wall and Into my room where a box was fitted

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

@Albany wrote:

Hi The wire comes down the front of the house and through a hole which they drilled in the wall and Into my room where a box was fitted

You need to run a test from the test socket, before any other action can be taken.

Does the line still disconnect if you unplug the phone, and then ring it from a mobile? You will still hear it ringing out.

0 Ratings
Albany
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

hi have tried that the phone rings out and the broadband disconnects

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

If disconnects still happen when using test socket then report a phone fault not broadband to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

@Albany wrote:

hi have tried that the phone rings out and the broadband disconnects

Then there is either a high resistance connection on the external network, or a faulty broadband filter in the exchange. This will need a full investigation, possible a change of port in the exchange if its the broadband equipment.

There is nothing else you can do.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Albany
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

I would like to thank you for your help. I hope it can be sorted soon as it is driving me round the bend

0 Ratings