cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 10

Broadband drops every few hours causing router to reboot

For the last 8 days my router has been rebooting between four and 6 times a day.  There is no pattern, happens during day and at night when not in use. I have spent many hours with level 1 and level 2 re-expalining the issue each time I call, have plugged router into test socket, changed filter and the hiub is new all no difference. Line test shows nothing. Level 2 refused to do anything else until engineer visits, now booked for a few days time but am confident no internal issues so not sure what's next.

The odd thing is that I had the same problem 5 months ago and a BT engineer did something remotely at the exchange which cured the problem until last week.  Current connection details are:

06:55:55, 25 Apr.( 110.420000) DSL noise margin: 6.00 dB upstream, 3.00 dB downstream
06:55:54, 25 Apr.( 109.390000) DSL line rate: 1135 Kbps upstream, 22584 Kbps downstream

Am on a Homehub4.

Has anyone had a similar issue and what did BT do to resolve.  If only I knew what the engineer did last time I would ask BT to do the same again but they say there is no record of what was done to resolve the issue. Any suggestions or tips of how to get BT to leapfrog some steps and go straight to invertigating the exchange and line configuration?

I would really appreciate some help.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Broadband drops every few hours causing router to reboot

Just had a call from level 2 supervisor and they are resetting DLM and profile, not sure what that means
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

it is pointless resetting the DLM and profile as their is nothing wrong with them looking at your hub stats the cause of the disconnections need to be found first
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

I guess they think resetting to 6db might reducr sensitivity on line.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

I doubt if adjusting the noise margin will solve the problem
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Well its the most pro active step this week so fingers crossed.  Engineer booked anyway so will wait and see.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

the engineer visit is the best option
0 Ratings
DeyrickG
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Engineer is ok as long as he finds something otherwise its 129 quid for nothing.

We had an engineer out for 5 hours on our slow and disconnecting broadband, he tried all sorts and in end limited it to 0.7 meg which was useless.

Another engineer came and found dodgy connection down road, that fixed it until another engineer fiddles in cabinet on with lines and its back to rubbish again.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Resetting the DLM and noise margin to 6db up and down appears to have stopped the issue, for the last 24 hours anyway. Still monitoring and will cancel engineer if OK for the next 24 hours too..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

hopefully it works but i have my doubts from past experience
0 Ratings