cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Broadband drops out when landline used - only since new phone

Go to solution

Hi all,

We have recently updated our phones - replacing our old Panasonic wireless setup with something more up to date.  Ever since, we've been experiencing dropout of broadband when the landline is used.

The new phones are connected using exactly the same ADSL filter setup as previously.  This is, a filter between a wall socket and the Panasonic base unit and another filter between an extension lead - direct from the masterplate - and the router.  But as this setup is exactly the same as before, I'm at a loss to see how the filters can be the problem, unless I need to update the filters along with the phone?

I've also seen reference to problems with wireless phones using the same channel as the wi-fi router.  Is this likley to be an issue?  And would this lead to the router 'resetting' - hub light changing from blue to orange. 

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Richard

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband drops out when landline used - only since new phone

Go to solution

@coastalrambler 

Which BT Home Hub are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Keith

Its a BT Home Hub 5.  However I've found out that the problem was user error!  The original 'old' Pansonic set-up had a separate answer machine, which was attached to the ADSL filter using the modem connection, with an adaptor for a 'flat' phone  plug (apologies for the lack of technical terminology!).  I had plugged the new phone base unit into this, rather than the phone socket on the filter.  

Now that the base unit is plugged into the correct socket on the filter, all is well.

Apologies for taking up your time.

Richard

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I am pleased its sorted 😀

0 Ratings