Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
corsa57
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Broadband fault since 6/9/16

Go to solution

Only been with BT since the 24th of August so not sure if this is the right place to get help. My adsl broadband has been running very very slowly i.e. so slowly that the speedtester doesent work since the 6th. When I check the BT website it shows a fault on the track your fault page. There is a little pictogram with number one the BT reatail servers highlighted in red, so I am assuming this is where the fault is.

Is there some way to find out what is happening or indeed to prod BT to get this fixed. Using mobile broadband to post this so will keep it short as its expensive.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband fault since 6/9/16

Go to solution

Is your phone line working, and is there any noise on it when you make or receive calls?

The retail servers message does not mean much, it simply means that you have lost synch, which you know already.

Nearly all faults are due to a faulty phone line.

0 Ratings
corsa57
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Phone line working and no noise.
0 Ratings
corsa57
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Just used the BT chat service and well done to them they sorted the problem. Don't know if this is an issue with the BT Smarthub that everyone knows about but as soon as I said I was connected by the Smarthub they knew right away what the problem was. Believe it or not it was simply a matter of switching the hub off removing the cable and unplugging the phone line filter and after 2 minutes putting it all back together and hey presto all is now fine. Now I realise that most of you reading this will be saying oh no not the switch it off and back on again rubbish, but it did work and according to the chat operator it was simply static. Now I have no idea whether this is true or not but it worked.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Probably just a stale session on the POP (Point of Presence Site). A new IP address has fixed it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Great result @corsa57. Thanks for posting back and letting us know.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings