cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband fault

Go to solution

Hell everyone, hope someone can help.  My broadband was slow last night,  then this afternoon it went dead.

The hub 4 orange light came on and the letter 'b' underneath it.  looked this up and it says "  You’re connected to broadband but your account might not be switched on yet ".  My account has been active for 4 years, so no ideas why this is.  I've tried all the rest and switch off idea that it tills me to try.  Checked my bt account online via work, and everything seems ok.  So any ideas. 

My wife has texted me, saying that the blue light is on, but  101 DNS resolution error, then 2 minutes later  it saying bandwidth exceeded.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband fault

Go to solution

try a factory reset of the hub by pressing the recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until lights flash  when hub reboots make sure to turn of smart setup in hub manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband fault

Go to solution

There was an MSO (Major Service Outage) earlier on affecting large parts of the UK, mostly the North-East which has since been fixed, it occured around 12:30pm and was cause by a fire.
During that time your hub would have a solid orange light, try restarting your hub, if the outage was impacting you it should now be fixed.

0 Ratings