Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 38

Re: Broadband is essentially unusable

Go to solution

which version of the hub are you using?   http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51940/~/whats-the-difference-between-the-bt-hubs%3F

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MK9999
Beginner
Message 12 of 38

Go to solution

I think it's a 2.0. Certainly it isn't any of those pictured in the link.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 38

Go to solution

Not sure where the stats are on a Hub2. Log in to the hub manager at 192.168.1.254 and have a search around the menus for anything that lists various parameters such as download speed and noise margin etc.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 38

Go to solution

if hh2 then I think this is where  sign in to hub manager, settings,advanced settings,broadband,adsl

if an old hh2 when was last time you renewed your bt contract?  if more than 12 months then you are probably paying to much

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MK9999
Beginner
Message 15 of 38

Go to solution

Tried have a dig around at 192.168.1.254 Doesn't seem to be much there. There are a couple of menus I can't access without an admin password, which there isn't a cat in hell's chance of anyone knowing. Probably forgotten two years ago...

0 Ratings
MK9999
Beginner
Message 16 of 38

Go to solution

Contract was renewed last year when we canned the 1571 service (now there's a ripoff), and some other garbage like caller display and the like. We had a good deal historically with free calls of up to an hour's duration which was great for the gasbags in the house, and maybe trying to keep that has bitten us on BB. We do a combined phone/BB contract. I've looked into leaving BT a few times, but in the past whenever I've looked at good deals from other providers, they've never been available in my postcode (infrastructure I guess). 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 38

Go to solution

@MK9999 wrote:

Tried have a dig around at 192.168.1.254 Doesn't seem to be much there. There are a couple of menus I can't access without an admin password, which there isn't a cat in hell's chance of anyone knowing. Probably forgotten two years ago...

The admin password will be somewhere on the hub, probably on the bottom.

0 Ratings
MK9999
Beginner
Message 18 of 38

Go to solution

Found that password - apparently it's wrong. Tried three times, very carefully, checked case etc...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 38

Go to solution

The password has perhaps been changed at some time in the past. A factory reset of the hub by pressing the recessed button with a pin until the lights flash should reset it to the default on the label.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
squidgey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 38

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

Why are you persisting with  standard broadband with such poor speeds when Superfast broadband is available to you at 80Mb/s?

That quote really makes me LOL ! 

I have superfast broadband available to me at 80Mb/s. 

Do you know what my current speed is with BT Infinity? 

Downstream: 6.06 Mbps, Upstream: 7.76 Mbps. 

If I swapped to standard broadband it would probably be faster! When I complain BT just "reset" and line, which does nothing apparent, then promise everything but don't actually do anything. 

0 Ratings