cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband issue no / intermittent connection

Hi I am new to this so apologies for any silly questions. I have an issue with my broadband. It stopped working on Sunday night and now flashes orange in the hub. BT say they have to send an engineer out. I did what they asked and plugged the phone cable into the test socket. Made no difference. Phone line is fine. When we plug the phone into the hub broadband works fine. BT say it's an internal problem. Anyone got any ideas?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband issue no / intermittent connection

When does the Broadband connection drop with the exchange? For example when receiving landline calls?

If you dial 17070 and select option 2 (quiet line test) is there any noise on the line? It should be silent but a dull hum is normal for a cordless phone.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi, there was silence on the line. what happened was the internet stopped working on sunday. we called BT they did tests and asked me to plug it into the test socket. I did that and it worked for about five minutes and then went off again. We now have the phone cable plugged from the hub to our British GAs hive and it works now? confusing

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

I have heard the hive device has caused broadband problems in some cases hopefully not in your case
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

If the Hive device uses the phone line, does it have a microfilter in the lead, to prevent the broadband signal getting into it?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

it doesnt look as if it has a filter no. Hub has worked perfeftly for 22 months though alongside the Hive 

0 Ratings