cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kinetic747
Contributor
Message 21 of 24

Re: Broadband issues

I refuse to alter anything if it has been working fine until recently, I've been down that road many, many times. I have also bought new equipment before now only to finally be told that there is an issue at BT end so please dont take me for a mug again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Jimrob84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 24

Yeah, I completely agree. I'm really not willing to start interfering with settings unless the problem is conclusively with my equipment. 

Everything does seem much better this morning though. I note that the mods across on the infinity boards are claiming that the issue has been resolved and have identified some 'fualty hardware' on their end as the culprit. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 24

without making those basic checks on settings you will not know if you have an equipment problems still that is your choice if you do not want the forums help to resolve your problem you could be suffering from wireless interference problems from a  neighbouring router or even your christmas tree lights this link also suggests a few other causes of poblems like yours http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

0 Ratings
Jimrob84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 24

As i reported earlier the problem appears, for now at least, to be resolved. I really hope that this is the case. 

I appreciate the response to my original post and the willingness to offer advice, but I was not going to purchase adaptors or to make changes to the settings on my devices when all the available evidence pointed towards a fault at BT's end. 

Just to be completely clear, before last Monday there were no issues with my hub, sky box, ps4, ps3, home computer, smart phone or ipod. All my devices were functioning and connecting without any issues. A BT engineer checked my wiring and my hub and confirmed that everything was working. On the off chance that my HH3 was malfunctioning he replaced it for a HH5. The problem had continued to affect several of my devices until this morning when things appear to have returned to normal.

Based on my own experiences over these past two weeks and the testimonies of many others on these boards, the most sensible and only conclusion I can reach is that a widespread issue has been affecting BT broadband/infinity customers all over the country. BT now claim to have rectified this situation having identified 'faulty hardware' at their end, and like myself, many others are reporting that their situations have greatly improved. 

0 Ratings