Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcollins
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Broadband keeps cutting off

Hello,

I hope somebody can help. Quite recently I am finding that my broadband wifi just simply stops working and cuts off.

I will be mid gaming on an Xbox or online on a smartphone or tablet, when the wifi suddenly disappears, with the symbol also disappearing.

When I go to by wireless box, the Orange light flashes then returns to blue and the Internet starts working again. It sometimes even turns green before going blue.

I have de activated the connection from all devices and reconnected, and turned my hub off and restarted it numerous of times, but it keeps happening.

I am using a BT hub4.

Any advice please?

Thanks
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Broadband keeps cutting off

have you turned of smart setup  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

have you split the networks  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1

have you increased to lease time from 1 day to max 21 days?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mcollins
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hello,

Thank you for such a quick reply. I have not changed or done any of the options you have suggested. I have had the broadband for around 6 months now and it's suddenly started.

Would you recommend I try the suggestions oi said
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

yes especially as you are using wireless devices   you may be getting interference from a nearby router maybe another hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mcollins
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hello,

I have changed the settings which you suggested, but am still finding that the hub suddenly changes from Blue to a Flashing Orange, specially when the landline calls.

Any other suggestions?

Regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Try using the test socket and then try phoning your home with mobile and see if broadband still drops connection. If it does then I think you have a high resistance fault and need to report a phone fault to 151 with no mention of broadband  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/connectionprobs.htm

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Mcollins
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Hello,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I cannot check the test socket as my socket does not have one. I have an original socket, which does not have the test one on.

It only happens now and again, today though it has happened 5 times, even when not using the internet or the phone line.

Regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

0 Ratings