Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mcollins
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband keeps dropping out

Hi, I have been with bt as a phone for over 30 years and changed from Sky to BT broadband around 6 months ago.
It has been running fine until the last week. The broadband just keeps simply dropping out.

The hub its self begins to change colour, from blue to a flashing orange followed by the broadband symbol showing.

This happens then stops, goes back to blue but as soon as I load a webpage, on any device, it goes back to orange flashing.

I have pressed the reset button, turned the hub off and left it for a while but now do not know what to do.

Any suggestions would be a great help. I'm not very technical so basic advice please 🙂
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband keeps dropping out

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

did you reset using the recessed button on the back and holding for 20/30 secs until the lights flash?  this will take hub back to how you received it - factory reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mcollins
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thank you both for the replies so quickly I have not completed a full reset but will try that. Many thanks
0 Ratings