cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband keeps dropping when I make or receive calls

Hello, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help as BT have been unhelpful so far.

For the past 2 weeks, our broadband has kept dropping. It has now started to drop whenever we make or receive a call. The phone line is also crackly.

When I called BT today they suggested I buy another 5C faceplate filter. Before I make the purchase I was just wondering if it is worth it?

We've had this problem on and off for years with numerous engineers coming out and unable to figure out what is going on. It was suggested that it could be the weather and the one engineer that really did try to help was taken off the case. We were told he was new and over-eager as he wanted to get a cherry picker to look at the lines along the road. So for years now, we have had persistent problems which result in every time I call BT they want to send someone out. Which would be fine but I constantly worry about the call out charge if anyone should find something wrong in the home (they never have but it's still a worry).

Anyway, after being told today that they could send an engineer out I thought I try you guys to see if you have any other suggestions and if a new face plate would help.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband keeps dropping when I make or receive calls

Can you try to connect to the test socket which is behind the master faceplate with a filter and then see if your internet drops when making a phone call

if it does then you have a high resistance fault and you need to report a phone fault not broadband  to 151. The problem is outside your home if still happens in test socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband keeps dropping when I make or receive calls

Thank you for getting back.

Annoyingly it's working again. I'm sure it's not the end of it so as soon as it plays up I'll give it a go and let you know.

Thank you once again 🙂

0 Ratings