Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Twoshoes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Broadband really slow speeds

Go to solution

This morning since I woke up. I noticed I was getting random connection drops and when the connection came back my speeds dropped really drastically to the point I am not even getting 1mb speed. I usually get between 7-8mbs because of the area I live in.

My upload speed is pretty normal it's my download speeds that have lowered.

The only other thing I can think off is. My Landlord had the Open Reach people down to fix his line, during that I never experienced slow down but today I noticed the Open Reach truck around again. I didn't get the chance to talk to them. But could it be possible that my slow downs could be they are working on the line. Either or. I'd would need clarification on this. Cause I should not be getting dial up speeds of 0.68 Mbps download.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Broadband really slow speeds

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Have you checked the phone line to see if there is any noise on the line?

Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Twoshoes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hello. I tried the dialing the number and I could hear a low hum with no announcements. I also tried calling the home phone with my mobile and nothing. It was ringing out on my mobile but nothing on the home phone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Then your phone line is faulty.

If you do not get dial tone, or there is noise on the line, then you need to report it as either no dial tone, or a noisy line. Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Once the phone fault is fixed, then the broadband will get better.

You can dial 0800 800 151 on your mobile, to report the fault.

0 Ratings
Twoshoes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Do you know how I would able to get in contact with the helpdesk. Since I can't use the home phone.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@Twoshoes wrote:

Do you know how I would able to get in contact with the helpdesk. Since I can't use the home phone.

Thanks.

You can dial 0800 800 151 on your mobile, to report the fault.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@Twoshoes the 0800 800 151 is also free to call from mobiles. Alternatively the forum mods can report this for you if use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Twoshoes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I gave them a call and it turns out that it's not just me it's in the whole area that have reported the problem. They also informed me they have engineers down to look into the problem and could take 24 hours.

I'll reply back with how it goes within 24 hours.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Twoshoes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

UPDATE: Engineer came down and fixed it. It was due to a movement in the lines. And the Broadband speeds are back to normal. Did multiple speed tests to make sure and it seems to keep the steady speed I get.

Thank you much for the help!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Excellent Smiley Happy

0 Ratings